During this workshop Alius Petraška, Senior Developer at Adform, will cover the entire Xamarin platform including Xamarin.Forms. You will dive into tooling, project setup, controls, navigation, data-binding, and more fundamentals. You will also go deeper to cover tapping into native functionality, adding custom controls, animations, and advanced XAML data binding. By the end of the workshop you will have built your first mobile application with Xamarin.Forms from start to finish.
Each participant should:
- Have a Windows or a Mac device;
- Install Xamarin Studio;
- Install Xamarin IOS and/or Xamarin Android
- Install Xamarin Android Player or Genymotion
- Install Visual Studio Community 2013
- If you have a Windows device you can create Windows and Android applications. To create iOS applications is always required a Mac, and in this case you can create iOS and Android application using Xamarin Studio. With a Mac and Windows running in Parallels or VMware is possible to create the three targets at the same time (but is required a Windows Phone device to do the deploy!).
- Xamarin Plugin for Visual Studio in only available for Business plan and for developers that participate in Open Source projects.